Workativ checks or polls for new data or entries from the application at regular intervals and then executes a workflow if there are any data or entries found. Each poll might execute single or multiple workflows depending on the new data or entries created in the application. Polling triggers poll for every 30 minutes until the trigger is stopped.
Let’s see how a Polling triggers work in automate.
Let’s create polling-based workflow on a specific scenario. Example: Workativ polls for new emails in Gmail and if there are any new emails received, workativ creates a new ticket in Freshservice application.)
1) Click on ‘Create New’ on workflow builder homepage and name your workflow along with a brief description.
2) Choose the start point of your workflow as ‘Application Trigger’ to create a polling-based trigger.
3) Choose the application you want to start the trigger with. In this scenario, select Gmail as the application.
4) Connect your Gmail account using your Gmail credentials and then save the workflow.
5) Now we move to step-2 where we setup the workflow action. Click on ‘Add Action’ from the list.
6) Choose the application from the list to create an action. In this scenario, choose Freshservice.
7) Choose the type of action to perform from the list. In this case, choose ‘Create Ticket’.
8) Map and fill appropriate fields for the action from Step – 1 by clicking on the individual boxes. Once appropriate fields are mapped, click on ‘Save’ button.
9) Enter the email address under Step-3 to send execution reports to the mentioned emails upon each workflow execution.
Note: Step-3 is optional, admins can choose the skip if not required.
10) Admins can test the workflow before deploying by clicking on the ‘Run’ function located on the top right corner of the workflow screen.
11) Click on ‘Deploy’ button on top right corner of the workflow screen to deploy the workflow.
12) Click on ‘Yes’ to deploy the workflow.
13) Once the workflow is deployed, click on the activate button available on the home card of the workflow to activate the workflow.