Slack is a collaboration software that helps you get work done, pure and simple. Slack is a single hub for communication. Messaging, calling, sharing files and tools all happen in a single place without the need to have multiple software solutions to help you achieve a single goal. This makes workplace communications a whole lot easier to do.
Workativ Assistant seamlessly integrates with slack with zero coding. To integrate Workativ Assistant with Slack, follow these steps:
1. Sign into your Workativ Assistant dashboard.
2. You’ll see the Chat Channel Integration module under the Integrations tab. Here, you will be able to select the chat channel of your choice to integrate Workativ Assistant.
3. Click on Slack. When you’re starting out, you’ll see that the number of integrations is 0.
4. In the slack integrations page, if the Assistant has already been connected to a workspace, you should be able to see them here. Please note that you can add more than one workativ assistant in the slack workspace.
5. Click on Add to Slack. You’ll be taken to the Slack integration page
In this page, workativ assistant has prefilled Redirect and Request URLS.
In order to integrate with slack, user must create a new APP in slack through the URL https://api.slack.com using the redirect URL’s from workativ assistant and then update the Client ID, Client secret and the verification token into the Integrations page of Workativ assistant from the Slack APP page.
6. Visit the URL https://api.slack.com
7. Sign into your slack workspace.
8. Click on ‘Your Apps’ on top right corner of the screen
9. Click on ‘Create App’
10. Enter the name of the bot and the workspace where you would want to create the bot and click on ‘Create App’. The ‘Name’ that you have provided as ‘App name’ will be displayed as Bot name in slack workspace for your end users.
11. Once the ‘App’ is created, you are presented with a basic information page with app credentials and settings information.
Update your app display information such as background color and logo etc.. which would be displayed to your end users
12. Copy the Client ID, Client Secret and Authentication Token from app credentials page.
13. Enter the Client ID, Client Secret and Authentication Token in workativ assistant’s slack integration page.
14. Copy the URL from Interactivity & Shortcuts – Request URL
15. Get to Slack app page and navigate to ‘Interactivity & Shortcuts’
16. Turn on Interactivity and then update the request URL that you copied from workativ assistant’s slack Integration page. Once the URL is updated, click on ‘Save’.
17. In workativ assistant’s slack integration page, Copy the URL from Slash Command – Restart page
18. In slack app page, navigate to ‘Slash Commands’ and then click on Create New Command
a. Enter /Restart in command field
b. Enter Slash Command – Restart URL copied from the workativ assistant’s slack integration page
c. Fill a Short description for the command and click on ‘Save’. For example: Restarts the conversation.
20. Click on ‘Create New’ command again
21. a. Enter the ‘Command’ name as /Exit
b. Copy the Request URL of Slash Command – Exit from workativ assistant’s Integration page and paste it in the slack app page.
c. Enter a short description for the command and click on ‘Save’. For example: Restarts the conversation.
22. In Slack APP, navigate to ‘OAuth & Permissions’ and select ‘Add New Redirect URL’
23. Copy & paste the Redirect URL from OAuth & Permissions – Redirect URL field in workativ assistant’s Integration page into the slack App page and click on Add
24. After adding the URL, click on ‘Save URLs’
25. In Slack APP, Event Subscriptions and click on Enable Events
26. Once enabled, copy & Paste the Request URL from Event subscriptions – Request URL field in workativ assistant’s Integration page into the slack app page
27. Click on Add Bot User Event and add
and click on ‘Save Changes’ once added.
28. Select subscribe to events on behalf of users and click on ‘Add’ workspace event
2. message.channels and click on Save changes
29. Select “App Home” on the left panel. Enable “Messaged Tab” and select the check box to “Allow users to send Slash commands and messages from the messages tab”.
Note: Quit and Relaunch your Slack desktop application if it is open.
30. As all the information is updated in both Slack APP and workativ assistant’s integration page. Click on ‘Save’
31. Click on ‘Add to Slack’ to deploy the newly created bot in slack channel
32. You will be redirected to slack’s permissions page where the user has to ‘Choose’ a channel where the bot needs to be deployed.
33. Click on ‘Allow’ to deploy the bot in slack’s workspace
Now the marketing_bot is deployed in Slack channel and the chatbot is listed in apps section in your slack Workspace.
If you do not have a workspace follow the instructions below to first create your slack workspace
As the workspace is now created. You can follow the next instructions to create a New APP
As the new workspace is created, follow the steps from point 4.
1. How can I create a new workspace in Slack
2. How to create a new app in Slack
3. Can I add more than one Assistant in my Slack workspace