Workativ Assistant seamlessly integrates with slack with zero coding. This helps automate workplace support faster, easier, and user-friendly.
Follow these steps to integrate Slack with Workativ Assistant.
1. Select the Omni-Channel tab from the left navigation and then click on Chat Channel.
2. Click on Slack.
3. Click on Add to Slack. You’ll be taken to the Slack integration page.
4. Select the Chatbot to integrate with Slack.
5. Click on the help icon to view the Help documentation to integrate the chatbot in the Slack workspace.
6. Visit the URL: https://api.slack.com. Sign in to your Slack workspace and click on Your Apps on the top right corner of the screen.
7. Click on Manage your apps
8. Click on Create an App and select From scratch option.
9. Enter the name of the chatbot in the App Name field and select the Workspace where you want to create the bot and click on Create App.
PRO TIP: The ‘Name’ that you have provided as ‘App Name’ will be displayed as Bot name in the slack workspace for your end-users.
10. Once the app is created, you are presented with a basic information page with app credentials and settings information.
11. Scroll down the page and update your app to display information such as Background color, App Icon, etc., which would be displayed to your end-users, and click on Save Changes.
12. Go to the App Credentials section on the Basic Information page and Copy the Client ID.
13. Paste it in the Client ID field on Slack integration page in Workativ Assistant.
14. Go to the App Credentials section on the Basic Information page and Copy the Client Secret.
15. Paste it in the Client Secret field on Slack integration page in Workativ Assistant.
16. Go to the App Credentials section on the Basic Information page and Copy the Verification Token.
17. Paste it in the Verification Token field on Slack integration page in Workativ Assistant.
18. Copy the URL from the Interactivity & Shortcuts – Request URL field.
19. Go to Slack App page and navigate to Interactivity & Shortcuts and Turn on the Interactivity radio button.
20. Paste the request URL that you copied from the Slack Integration page and click on Save Changes.
21. On the Slack Integration page, copy the URL from the Slash Command – Restart field.
22. In Slack App page, navigate to Slash Commands and then click on Create New Command
23. Enter /restart in the Command field and paste the copied Restart command URL in the Request URL field.
24. Fill a Short Description for the command and click Save. For example: Restarts the conversation.
25. Click on Create New Command to add the Restart command.
26. Enter the ‘Command’ name as /exit and paste the Request URL by Copying Request URL of Slash Command – Exit from the Slack Integration page in Workativ Assistant.
27. Enter a Short Description for the command and click on Save.
For example: To exit from the bot conversation.
28. You have now created the slash commands to use in the conversation with bot to Restart and Exit the bot conversation.
29. Go to Slack Integration page in Workativ Assistant and copy the URL from the OAuth & Permissions – Redirect URL field.
30. In the Slack App, navigate to OAuth & Permissions and click Opt In button.
31. Click on Add New Redirection URL under the Redirect URL’s section.
32. Paste the Redirection URL and click on Add.
33. Click on Save URLs
34. Navigate to Event Subscriptions and turn on Enable Events.
35. Once enabled, copy the URL from Event Subscriptions – Request URL field in the Slack Integration page and paste it into the Slack App page.
36. Click on Subscribe to bot Events.
37. Click on Add Bot User Event button.
38. Add the below events and click Save Changes once added.
39. Select Subscribe to events on behalf of users and click on Add Workspace Event
40. Add the below events and click on Save Changes.
41. Select App Home on the left panel.
42. Enable Always Show My Bot as Online radio button, to show the bot status as Online.
43. Enable Messages Tab and select the Allow users to send Slash commands and messages from the messages tab checkbox.
Note: Quit and Relaunch your Slack desktop application if it is open.
44. When all the information is updated in both Slack App and the Slack Integration page in Workativ Assistant, click Save.
45. Click on Add to Slack to deploy the newly created bot in the Slack channel.
46. You will be redirected to Slack’s permissions page, where you have to select a Channel (if you are already logged in) where you want to deploy the chatbot. It will prompt you to login if you are not logged into Slack application.
47. Click on the Allow button to deploy the chatbot in the Slack’s workspace
48. Chatbot will be deployed in the Slack channel and all the members in Slack workspace will receive the chatbot onboarding message.
49. You can Deactivate or Activate the chatbot deployed in Slack from the Slack Integration page.