Workativ’s on-prem connect provides a secure connection between our platform and your on-prem apps behind your corporate firewall. For increased level of security, Workativ relays HTTPS calls to workativ agent behind your corporate firewall to execute workflows with your on-prem apps.
Connection to on-prem apps and customer network is an easy, uncomplicated process. Workativ provides an installer that can be set up in your windows, mac or Linux machine to establish connecting with workativ gateway for secure connectivity. Workativ generates a secure access token, ensuring that the connection is secure. With the connector installed, outbound connection will be initiated using outbound socket connection. You will then be able to easily connect your on-prem applications with the Workativ platform.
How to connect to an on-prem application.
1. Click on ‘On-prem Connect’ icon on the Automate’s homepage
2. Click on ‘Create New’ button
3. Enter a name & description and then click on ‘Create’
4. Select the operating system and then click on the ‘Icon’ to download an executable file.
5. Open the downloaded file from your browser
6. Click on ‘Open’ to run the on-prem connect application.
7. On-prem window is launched now and the status of the connector will be shown as offline.
8. Copy the Auth token from connector created in on-prem connect page from Workativ Automate
9. Paste the token in on-prem window under ‘Change Token’ tab. Paste the token, keep a check mark on ‘Run in Background’ box and then click on ‘Submit’.
10. Once submitted, we can see that the status of the Agent would change to online.
11. Now click on the connector created in Workativ Automate platform and then click on ‘Create one’ button to create a new connection.
12. Select the application from the list and then enter a ‘Connection Name’ and its description.
13. A connection for the application selected would be created
14. Now open on-prem connect application installed in the server and then click on ‘Sample Connection’ to get all the .JSON available for on-prem applications
15. Copy the JSON Format of the application from the ‘Sample connection’ window
16. Now click on ‘Add New Connection’ and then paste the copied JSON format in the text editor document that is opened.
17. Enter connection name in “Your connection name here”. Update the domain URL within “Your Domain URL here” and update the key of the application under “Your API Key here” and close the text document / editor.
18. Now navigate to Workativ Automate platform and then test the created connection by clicking on ‘Test’ button.
19. Once the connection is established, the connection would show success. This means that workativ has successfully connect to the on-prem version of the application.
20. Now Click on workflow builder and then select home page.
21. Click on ‘Create New’ button to create a new workflow. Update the information and then click on ‘Create’ button
22. Choose the type of trigger and map appropriate input fields in Step -1 and click on ‘Save’.
23. Click on ‘Add Action’ under Step – 2 and then select the on-prem application from the list.
24. Select the action and then choose the on-prem connector from the list.
25. Select the created connector and then click on ‘Test Connection’ to connect to on-prem application.
26. Once connected, map appropriate fields under the Inputs box but choosing appropriate variables from Step – 1 using ‘Variable Picker’ box.
27. Once all the fields are updated, click on ‘Save’ and then click on ‘Deploy’ button to deploy the automation.
28. Test the automation by clicking on ‘Run’ button.
29. Now activate the workflow by clicking on the ‘Activate button’ from the homepage.
Once the Workflow Automation is activated, workflows can be called within dialogs using ‘Chatbot Builder’.