Table of contents
Workativ’s On-Prem Connect provides a secure connection between our platform and your on-prem apps behind your corporate firewall. For increased level of security, Workativ relays HTTPS calls to a Workativ agent behind your corporate firewall to execute workflows with your On-Prem applications.
- Workativ provides an installer for your Windows, MAC OS or Linux machine to establish connection with the Workativ gateway for secure connectivity.
- A secure access token is generated and used in the process, ensuring that the connection is secure.
- Once the connector is installed, an outbound connection will be initiated using outbound socket connection.
- You will then be able to easily connect your on-prem applications with the Workativ platform.
Let us see the steps involved in the configuration:
Connecting to an On-Prem Application
- Select the Automations tab from the left-navigation pane and select On-Prem Connect under Workflow Builder.
- Click Create One to create a new On-Prem Connector.
- Enter the Connector Name and an optional Connector Description and click Create.
- Click on the relevant operating system icon to download a zip package containing the application files.
NOTE: Select the operating system on which you want to run the application for the On-Prem connection.
- Open the downloaded file, extract it and run the application file as an administration.
- The On-Prem application will be opened and the Agent status will be Offline.
- Go to the Workativ Assistant platform and click the Token icon.
- Copy the available token and click Close.
- Move to the On-Prem application and click Change Token
- Paste the copied token value, select the Run in Background checkbox and then click on Submit.
After you submit, the status of the Agent will change to Online.
- Click on the connector name created in the On-Prem Connect module in the Workativ Assistant platform.
- To create a new connection, click Create One.
- Select the desired application from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the Connection Name and an optional Description
- When you’re done, click Add.
A new connection to the selected application will be created.
- Move to the installed On-Prem Connect application and click on Sample Connection to get all the .JSON script available for On-Prem applications.
- Copy the JSON Format of the application from the Sample Connection window
- Now, click on Add New Connection and paste the copied JSON script in the text editor window.
- Replace Your connection name here with your connection name as entered in the Workativ Assistant platform.
- Replace the respective placeholders with the relevant values according to your connection.
- Once you’re done, save and close the text editor.
- Now, move back to the Workativ Assistant platform and click on the Test button to test the newly created connection.
- Once the connection is established, you will see the Success label instead of the Test button. This means that Workativ is connected to the On-Prem application successfully.
- Now, click on the Automation tab from the left navigation menu and select All Workflows.
- Click on the Create New button on the top to create a new workflow.
26. Enter a Workflow Name and an optional Description.
27. When you’re done, click Create.
28. Select Add Action from the list of functions.
29. Select the relevant On-Prem Application from the list.
30. Select the Action and then the On-Prem Connector from the drop-down menus.
31. After selecting the connector, click on Test Connection to connect to the On-Prem application.
32. Once connected, map the appropriate fields under the Input section by choosing the relevant variables from the Variable Picker window.
33. Once all the fields are updated, click Save.
34. After saving, click on the Activate button to deploy and activate the automation.
35. Click the Test button to test the automation.
Once the Workflow Automation is activated, you can call the automation within dialogs using the Chatbot Builder.
To know how to call an automation, see Call Automation.