Microsoft Teams is a communication application designed for the workplace. Like Slack, Teams helps you communicate with people across an organization and makes it easy.
Workativ Assistant allows you to integrate with Teams to help you bring the power of its AI at a single location.
To integrate the Workativ Assistant VA with Teams, follow the steps below:
1. A.Head over to the Integrations page
B. Select Chat Channel and
C. Click on Teams
2. Find the “Teams Integration” icon and click on the Add to Teams button.
You will be presented with Teams Integration page with field that needs to be filled.
3. Select the Chatbot that needs to be deployed from the Select Assistant Screen dropdown box.
4. Login to http://www.portal.azure.com with admin account
5. Click on Create a Resource
6. Search and select Bot Channels Registration
7. Click on Create to create a bot channel.
a. Enter the Bot name
b. Choose the subscription type
c. Choose an existing resource or create a new on by clicking on Create New
d. Choose your location
e. Choose the Pricing Tier
f. Copy and paste the message end point from Teams Integration page in Workativ Platform.
g. Click on Auto create App ID and Password.
9. Choose Auto Create App ID and password
10. Click on Create
11. Click on Go to Resource on the chatbot that was created or click on View all resources from the menu to access the created bot.
12. Choose the bot that was created.
13. Click on Settings
14. Copy the Microsoft App ID from the page
15. Paste the information under the App ID field in Teams Integration page.
16. Click on Manage
17. Click on New Client Secret
18. Choose the expiry of the secret and then click on Add.
19. Copy the password that was created and then paste the information under App Password field in Workativ Assistant’s Teams Integration page.
20. Paste the information under App Password field in Teams Integration page.
21. Click on Overview
22. Copy the Tenant ID from the List.
23. Paste the information under Organization Tenants field in Teams Integration page.
24. Click on Add a Redirect URL from the overview menu.
25. in Azure page, click on Add a Platform
26. Click on Web from the Configure Platform
27. Copy the Redirection URL from the Teams Integration page.
28. Paste the copied Redirection URL from the Teams integration page and paste the information under Redirect URLs field and click on Configure.
URL will get updated on the portal once configured.
29. Select API Permissions and click on Add a Permission
30. Select Microsoft Graph
31. Choose Application Permissions
32. Search and select Application.ReadWrite.All
33. Search and select User.Read.All and User.ReadWrite.All
34. Click on Add permissions
35. Click on Authorize on Teams Integrations page.
36. Authorize the application
37. Fill the bot details and then click on Download. A .zip file will be downloaded on your downloads menu.
38. This will prompt a download pop-up. You’ll see that a zip has been downloaded. You’ll then have to install this zip on Teams by Going to the Apps section on Teams and then click on Upload a custom app and then choose the zip file and click on the Add button on the pop up that appears.
39. As soon as the VA finishes installing, you’ll see a confirmation message stating that the VA has been successfully installed.
40. You can also select a channel that you’d like to deploy the VA to, and this is optional.
41. You’re all set now. Head over to Workativ Assistant on your Teams panel and click on it.
Note: To deploy Workativ Assistant in the chat channel of your choice, the email id used for logging in to Slack/Microsoft Teams should be the same as the one you use to log in to Workativ Assistant.