Microsoft Teams is a communication application designed for the workplace. Teams helps you communicate with people across an organization and makes it easy.
Workativ Assistant allows you to integrate with Teams to help you bring the power of its AI at a single location.
To integrate the workativ assistant with Teams, follow the steps below:
1. Head over to the Integrations page. Select chat channel and ‘Click’ on Teams
2. Find the “Teams Integration” icon and click on the ‘Add to Teams’ button.
You will be presented with Teams Integration page with fields that needs to be filled.
3. Select the chatbot that needs to be deployed from the Select Assistant Screen dropdown box.
4. Login to http://www.portal.azure.com with admin account
5. Click on ‘Create a Resource’
6. Search and select ‘Bot Channels Registration’
7. Click on ‘Create’ to create a bot channel.
a. Enter the Bot name
b. Choose the subscription type
c. Choose an existing resource or create a new on by clicking on ‘Create New’
d. Choose your location
e. Choose the Pricing Tier
f. Copy and paste the message end point from Teams Integration page in workativ platform.
g. Click on Auto create App ID and Password.
9. Choose Auto Create App ID and password
10. Click on ‘Create’
11. Click on ‘Go to Resource’ on the chatbot that was created or click on View all resources from the menu to access the created bot.
12. Choose the bot that was created.
13. Click on ‘Configuration’
14. Copy the Microsoft App ID from the page
15. Paste the information under the App ID field in Teams Integration page.
16. Click on ‘Manage’
17. Click on ‘New Client Secret’
18. Choose the expiry of the secret and then click on ‘Add’.
19. Copy the password that was created and then paste the information under ‘App Password’ field in workativ assistant’s Teams Integration page.
20. Paste the information under App Password field in Teams Integration page.
21. Click on ‘Overview’
22. Copy the Tenant ID from the List.
23. Paste the information under Organization Tenants field in Teams Integration page.
24. Click on ‘Add a Redirect URL’ from the overview menu.
25. in Azure page, click on ‘Add a Platform’
26. Click on Web from the ‘Configure Platform’
27. Copy the ‘Redirection URL’ from the Teams Integration page.
28. Paste the copied Redirection URL from the Teams integration page and paste the information under Redirect URLs field and click on ‘Configure’.
URL will get updated on the portal once configured.
29. Select API Permissions and click on Add a Permission
30. Select ‘Microsoft Graph’
31. Choose ‘Application Permissions’
32. Search and select Application.ReadWrite.All
33. Search and select User.Read.All and User.ReadWrite.All
34. Click on ‘Add permissions’
35. Click on Branding to add your own branding to the Chatbot such as Logo, Privacy and Terms URL’s etc.
36. Fill in the branding details and click on Save.
37. Click on the App homepage and Click on Bot Profile. Add logo and check Bot display name.
38. Update details like Logo, Display Name and Description and click on Apply
39. Click on Channels to enable the MS Teams channel to deploy the Agent Bot.
40. Click and select the MS Teams channel
41. Click on the Save button and accept the permission.
42. Click on ‘Authorize’ on Teams Integrations page.
43. Authorize the application
44. Fill the bot details and then click on Download. A .zip file will be downloaded on your downloads menu.
45. This will prompt a download pop-up. You’ll see that a zip has been downloaded. You’ll then have to install this zip on Teams by Going to the Apps section on Teams and then click on Upload a custom app and then choose the zip file and click on the Add button on the pop up that appears.
46. As soon as installation completes, you’ll see a confirmation message stating that the Assistant has been successfully installed.
47. You can also select a channel that you’d like to deploy the Assistant to, and this is optional.
48. You’re all set now. Head over to ‘Workativ Assistant’ on your Teams panel and click on it.
Note: To deploy Workativ Assistant in the chat channel of your choice, the email id used for logging in to Slack/Microsoft Teams should be the same as the one you use to log in to workativ assistant.