Table of contents
- Creating an Intent
- Editing an Intent
- Deleting an Intent
- Editing an Example
- Deleting an Example
- Move an Example to Another Intent
- Changing Page View
- Searching an Intent
- Testing Intents
Intents are representations of user intentions in a conversation with a chatbot. You can add intents according to how you expect a user to enter their inputs in a conversation. You can also add multiple utterances or examples of a single Intent.
Select the Chatbot tab from the left navigation menu, select the desired chatbot and then select Intent.
1. Click on the Create an Intent button.
2. Enter the desired Intent Name and an optional Intent Description.
3. When you’re done, click Create.
4. Enter an Example for the Intent in the text field.
Here, Example represents one of the multiple ways in which users can say the same sentence.
5. Click Add More to add another example and repeat the same for adding more.
6. When you’re done, click Save.
7. If even one Intent already exists, click on the Create New button. All the steps are similar to the first method after this step.
Editing an Intent
You can edit the Intent Name and Description from the Intent page under the chatbot.
Click the Edit button on the extreme right side of the desired Intent, enter the desired modified values and click Update.
Deleting an Intent
You can delete one intent at a time or multiple Intents at once.
1. Click the Delete icon on the extreme right side of the desired Intent.
2. Alternative, you can select the desired Intents and click the Delete button to delete multiple Intents at once.
3. Click Yes in the confirmation pop-up.
Editing an Example
Once you have added the desired examples, you can edit them on the Examples page under the desired Intent.
1. Click the Edit button on the extreme right side of the desired Example.
2. Modify the example as required and save it.
3. You can also add more Examples by clicking on the Add button on the top of the Examples page.
Deleting an Example
You can delete one example at a time or multiple examples at once.
1.Click the Delete icon on the extreme right side of the desired Example.
2. Click Yes in the confirmation pop-up.
3. Alternatively, select the desired examples from the list and click the Delete button.
4. Click Yes in the confirmation pop-up.
Move an Example to Another Intent
Once you have added examples to an Intent, you can move one or more examples from one Intent to another.
1.Select the desired examples and click Move To.
2. Select the desired Intent from the list.
3. Search the Intent you want to move the examples to using the Search bar and select it from the search results.
4. Click Move.
You can verify if the examples have been moved to the desired Intent by checking the list of examples under that Intent.
In this example, two examples from the CreateTicket Intent has been moved to the Unlock_Account intent as shown below.
Changing Page View
Click on the List View or Card View button to switch the view of the intents page.
Searching an Intent
If there is a large number of Intents, you can use the Search feature on the Intent page to search the desired Intent.
1. Click the Search bar on the top-right corner.
2. Enter the name of the desired Intent and the result grid will be automatically updated with the Intents with the matching name.
1. Go to the Dialog page under the selected chatbot and click the Try Me button on the bottom-right corner of the page.
2. The Try Me window appears as shown below.
3. Enter your recent Intent examples to see if the Chatbot recognizes these queries and proceeds with the Dialog conversation as configured.
4. You can map the right intent with the right example by clicking Show Details and choosing the desired intent to pair it with.
5. If the user text is not mapped with any intent, it will be displayed as Irrelevant. You can map it to the proper intent by clicking on the edit icon beside it.
6. You will also be able to see the entity that your query is paired with. If you have not paired your intent with any entity, this section will display Irrelevant.
NOTE: If your intent is not being recognized, you can add your text as a new example by selecting an Intent from the drop-down under Show Details as explained above.