All the functions in the dialog branch are evaluated in order and you cannot break the dialog flow manually. The Jump To function helps you move from one dialog to any other dialog. You simply have to select the dialog you want to jump to and also select the action to be taken after jumping to the desired dialog.
Select the Jump To function from the list of functions.
Follow these steps to ensure that you configure the Jump To option right:
- Select the dialog you want to jump to.
- Once the dialog is selected, you will be prompted with three different options: Jump here and execute this dialog, Jump here and wait for user input, and Jump here and recognize dialog.
How it works:
When you select the Jump To function, the chatbot will first check if the conditions of the target dialogs are evaluated properly based on the selection you made:
- If the condition is true, the chatbot will process the node immediately.
- If the condition is found to be false, the chatbot will evaluate all other dialogs in the dialog flow to find any dialog that can be evaluated with the condition specified in the node.
- If the chatbot processes all the dialogs and finds none of the conditions to be true, a fallback strategy will be implemented wherein the fallback dialog at the base level of the tree will be evaluated.
Let us see how the three options available for the Jump To function work:
Jump here and wait for user Input
Jump here and wait for user input can be used when you are unsure of what the user wants to do and based on the user input all the dialogs will be checked for a possible match with the user input.
This option should be used when you are expecting an answer/input from the user, and based on the user input, you want the selected dialog flow to execute. In other terms, you can use this option if your source node contains a question for the user and you want to wait for a valid user input before evaluating other functions.
NOTE: Dialog mapping search will happen in a sequential order starting from the dialog node from where the Jump To is added. If none of the dialogs matches with the user input, then the fallback dialog will be executed.
Jump here and recognize dialog
If the Jump here and recognize dialog option is used, the chatbot will validate the dialog condition based on the last input received in the chat by the user.
NOTE: Dialog mapping search will take place in a sequential order starting from the dialog node from where the Jump To function is added. If none of the dialogs matches with the user input, then the fallback dialog will be executed.
Jump here and execute this dialog
Using this option, you can make the chatbot jump to the selected dialog and execute it without checking any condition.