The Get User Details option helps you retrieve important information from a user and helps store it. The Get User Details option and the Ask a Question option work similarly, but the two have very specific purposes. The Get User Details option will check a user’s query for a specific type of data according to the entity selected as the condition and after validation, it’ll extract and store the relevant data in a context variable. If no relevant data is detected, it will prompt the user to enter a query with valid input.
The steps to use the Get User Details pop up are as follows:
1. Select the Get User Details option on the pop up that appears when you click on the + icon next to a node.
2. On the Get User Details pop up, select the entity to check that’s related to the condition to be
3. After selecting the condition, you’ll have to specify a name for the context variable that’s used to store the user’s input after it is validated against the specified condition. For this, you can use the “Save it as:” field.
4. To make the Assistant display a message to the user telling the user to type the required input as per the condition specified, you can use the “Message to display to the user if the Assistant can’t detect any relevant data” field.
6. You can use the Add More button to add more condition-specific fields that extract different types of data relevant to the respective condition.
5. After filling up the required inputs, click on the Save button.
Here’s a bit of a context to help you understand better:
Let’s say you want to collect a phone number from the user by requesting the user to provide their mobile number, the user might reply as follows:
“Hi, my mobile number is 712345678.”
To identify something like a mobile number, you’d need to set up an entity that recognizes a users’ phone number and set a character limit which will help your Virtual Assistant to prompt the user with a message if the number that they’ve entered is not recognizable. You can do this in the “Message to display to the user if the Assistant can’t detect any relevant data” text box. The Virtual Assistant, in this situation, can prompt the user with a message stating that the input that the Virtual Assistant was asking for cannot be recognized, and further prompt them to provide correct data.
- To identify the mobile number from a sentence, the Get User Details node will help you. You can use the options node when you don’t want to store user input as a context variable and just to give users different options to jump accordingly in the conversation flow.
- The user will be prompted continuously to enter the required details as per the condition.
Diverge from ‘Get User’ details in a dialog flow
What if the end user is trying to enter the incorrect information or does not has the information that’s is required in Get user details. Usually the chatbot will get stuck on the same question until the end user provides the same information.
Now with Diverge functionality, admins will be able to control the next steps if the user is providing either incorrect information or types any other intent.
To make use of this functionality, Open Get user details
1. Click on Show advanced options
2. Click on the arrow next to If Assistant Recognizes.
3. Choose the recognize options (Intent, Entity or Variable)
4. Choose the options from the corresponding List (Intent, Entity or Variable)
5. Type the message you would want to display to the end user before proceeding to next step.
6. Use the Then function whether to choose if you want to Jump to a different conversation or you would want to exit from the conversation.
7. If you choose Jump, then choose the corresponding dialog you would want to jump to and then click on Save
8. If you choose to Exit, then simply select Exit and then save the option.
9. You can add more scenario within the function (such as Intent, Entity or Variable)
Once all the information is updated. Save the popup box to execute the function.
As you can see in Try me, Workativ Assistant chatbot responded to end user and then left the conversation.