In Automate, admins will be able to automate a workflow based on a specific event within an application.
Employee Onboarding: Let’s say a new employee has joined an organization and this employee needs to be added in various applications like ITSM, Access Management etc.
The traditional method followed by organization is, HR adds the employee and then raises a ticket to the IT team to add the employee in applications like AD, ITSM application, MDM services etc.
Using workativ, admins can automate this process by simply creating a trigger based on an event. As soon as an employee is added in HRMS application. Workativ will trigger a workflow to add the same employee in ITSM, AD, MDM application.
Let’s see how an application event trigger can be created in Automate.
Let’s create event-based workflow on a specific scenario.
Creating a new Ticket in Freshservice when an email is received in Outlook account.
1) Click on ‘Create New’ on workflow builder homepage and name your workflow along with a brief description.
2) Choose the start point of your workflow as ‘Application Trigger’ to create an event-based trigger.
3) Choose the application you want to start the trigger with. In this scenario, select Microsoft Outlook as the application.
4) Connect your Outlook account using your Office 365 credentials.
5) Configure the trigger by choosing the folder from where to get the email from and click on ‘Save’. In this scenario, choose Inbox.
6) Now we move to step-2 where we setup the workflow action. Click on ‘Add Action’ from the list.
7) Choose the application from the list to create an action. In this scenario, choose Freshservice.
8) Choose the type of action to perform from the list. In this case, choose ‘Create Ticket’.
9) Map and fill appropriate fields for the action from Step – 1 by clicking on the individual boxes.
10) Once appropriate fields are mapped, click on ‘Save’ button.
11) Enter the email address under Step-3 to send execution reports ( to the admin) upon each workflow execution.
Note: Step-3 is optional, admins can choose the skip if not required.
12) Admins can test the workflow before deploying by clicking on the ‘Run’ function located on the top right corner of the workflow screen.
13) Click on ‘Deploy’ button on top right corner of the workflow screen to deploy this workflow.
14) Click on ‘Yes’ to deploy the workflow.
15) Once the workflow is deployed, click on the activate button to activate the recipe.