Workativ Assistant allows you to hand over the chat conversation (between user and chatbot) to a live agent in MS Teams from any of your chat channels like Slack, Chat Widget, and even MS Teams itself.
To configure live agent handover in MS Teams, follow the steps below:
- Head over to the Agent Handover page of the selected bot. You will be presented with the Agent handover configuration page with fields that need to be filled.
- Login to http://www.portal.azure.com with an admin account
- Click on ‘Create a Resource’
- Search and select ‘Bot Channels Registration’
- Click on ‘Create’ to create a bot channel.
- Fill in the details and click on Create
- Enter the Bot name
- Choose the subscription type
- Choose an existing resource or create a new one by clicking on ‘Create New’
- Choose your location
- Choose the Pricing Tier
- Click on ‘Go to Resource’ under Notifications on the chatbot that was created or click on View all resources from the menu to access the created bot.
- Choose the bot that was created.
- Click on ‘Configuration’
- Copy Message Endpoint from the Workativ Assistant, Agent handover page.
- Paste Message Endpoint in the Bot page in the Azure portal.
- Click on ‘Manage’
- Click on ‘New Client Secret’
- Choose the expiry of the client secret and then click on ‘Add’.
- Copy the Value of the Client secret that was created.
- Paste the client secret under Client Secret in Workativ assistant’s Agent handover configuration page.
- Click on ‘Overview’
- Copy the Application (Client) ID
- Paste the Client ID under the Client ID field in the Agent Handover configuration page.
- Copy the Tenant ID from the page.
- Paste the Tenant ID under Tenant ID in Workativ assistant’s Agent handover configuration page and click on the Save button.
- Click on ‘Add a Redirect URL’ from the overview menu.
- in Azure page, click on ‘Add a Platform’
- Click on Web from the ‘Configure Platform’
- Copy the ‘Redirection URL’ from the Workativ assistant’s Agent handover configuration page.
- Paste the copied Redirection URL under the Redirect URLs field and click on ‘Configure’.
- URL will get updated on the portal once configured.
- Select API Permissions and click on Add a Permission
- Select ‘Microsoft Graph’
- Choose ‘Application Permissions’
- Search and select the below permissions and click on “Add Permissions”
- All the added permissions will be displayed on the page.
- Click on Branding to add your own branding to the Chatbot such as Logo, Privacy and Terms URL’s etc.
- Fill in the branding details and click on Save.
- Click on the App homepage and Click on Bot Profile. Add logo and check Bot display name.
- Update details like Logo, Display Name and Description and click on Apply
- Click on Channels to enable the MS Teams channel to deploy the Agent Bot.
- Click and select the MS Teams channel
- Click on the Save button and accept the permission.
- Click on ‘Authorize’ on the Agent Handover configuration page.
- Select/Connect with your account and Authorize the application by providing the required permissions.
- Fill in the bot details and then click on Download. A .zip file will be downloaded to your downloads folder.
- This will prompt a download pop-up. You’ll see that zip has been downloaded.
- You’ll then have to install this zip on MS Teams by Going to the Apps section on Teams and then click on Upload a custom app and then choose the zip file and click on the Add button on the pop-up that appears.
- Select the Teams channel you want to deploy the agent bot.
Note: All the users inside the team channels will be able to communicate with the users as agents.
- As soon as the installation completes, you’ll see an onboarding message stating that the Agent handover bot is ready with the available agent commands.
- Go to Workativ Assistant product and check the Agent Handover bot is configured and MS Teams deployed workspace details are updated. You can Deactivate or Activate the Agent bot.
Below are the agent commands:
#menu – View all available commands
#login – Login as an agent to communicate with end-users
#logout – Agent logout
#agents – View all logged in agents
#list – View all connected and queued end-users
#queue – View queued end-users
#connect – Connect long awaiting end-user from the queue
#disconnect – Disconnect current end-user conversation
#remove – Remove an end-user from the queue
- Type #login to log in as an agent to start using the agent bot.