Active Directory helps you organize your company’s users, computer and more. Your IT admin uses AD to organize your company’s complete hierarchy from which computers belong on which network, to what your profile picture looks like or which users have access to the storage room.
Workativ connects with Active directory in two different authentication models.
Azure Active Directory (Cloud) connects via OAuth Model &
Active Directory (on-prem) connects via secure HTTPS layer using on-prem connect.
How to connect Azure Active Directory (Cloud) on Workativ
1. After downloading or creating Active Directory workflow, click on the action under Step-2 to open Action popup.
2. Select Add a ‘new account’ under ‘Connect to an Account’ box and name the account for reference.
3. Click on Connect Account and then enter the credentials of Azure admin account.
4. Once the credentials are entered, Workativ is now connected with Azure AD.
How to connect Active Directory (On-prem) on Workativ
Workativ’s on-prem connect provides a secure connection between our platform and your on-prem apps behind your corporate firewall. For increased level of security, Workativ relays HTTPS calls to workativ agent behind your corporate firewall to execute workflows with your on-prem apps.
1. Click on workflow builder and then click on ‘On-prem Connect’
2. Click on ‘Create New’ button
3. Enter a name & description and then click on ‘Create’
4. Select the operating system and then click on the ‘Icon’ to download an executable file.
5. Open the downloaded file from your browser
6. Click on ‘Open’ to run the on-prem connect application.
7. On-prem window is launched now and the status of the connector will be shown as offline.
8. Copy the Auth token from connector created in on-prem connect page from workativ assistant
9. Paste the token in on-prem window under ‘Change Token’ tab. Paste the token, keep a check mark on ‘Run in Background’ box and then click on ‘Submit’.
10. Once submitted, we can see that the status of the Agent changes to online.
11. Now click on the connector created in workativ assistant platform and then click on ‘Create one’ button to create a new connection.
12. Select the application from the list and then enter a ‘Connection Name’ and its description.
13. A connection for the selected application would be created
14. Now open on-prem connect application installed in the server and then click on ‘Sample Connection’ to get all the. JSON available for on-prem applications
15. Copy the JSON Format of the application from the ‘Sample connection’ window
16. Now click on ‘Add New Connection’ and then paste the copied JSON format in the text editor document that is opened.
17. Enter connection name in “Your connection name here”. Update the domain URL within “Your Domain URL here” and update the key to the application under “Your API Key here” and close the text document / editor.
18. Now navigate to Automate platform and then test the created connection by clicking on ‘Test’ button.
19. Once the connection is established, the connection would show success. This means that workativ has successfully connect to the on-prem version of the application.
20. Now Click on workflow builder and then select home page.
21. Click on ‘Create New’ button to create a new workflow. Update the information and then click on ‘Create’ button
22. Update the ‘Input fields’ in Step -1 and click on ‘Save’.
23. Click on ‘Add Action’ under Step – 2 and then select the on-prem application from the list.
24. Select the action and then choose the on-prem connector from the list.
25. Select the created connector and then click on ‘Test Connection’ to connect to on-prem application. Workativ has now successfully connected with Active Directory on-prem application.