Actions are specific tasks. A workflow may involve one or several actions related to single or multiple application.
To see how ‘Add Action’ works, let’s go through the following example –
Onboarding a new employee involves adding the new employee in various applications (ITSM, HR, IAM etc.)
Let’s go through the steps involved in setting up an action.
1) In the workflow builder page, Create Workflow > Complete Step 1 > In Step 2, click on ‘Add Action’
2) You will be presented with ‘Action pop’ up box on the right side of the screen.
3) You will be presented with ‘Select Application’ box. Choose the desired application to create an action for.
4) Once the application is selected, choose an action for that application to automate as part of the workflow.
5) After selecting the action, connect your account by providing the details of your application.
6) Map Appropriate fields from Step-1 and then click on ‘Save’ to save the workflow.
7) Admin can run the workflow by clicking on the ‘Run’ button and once complete, the workflow can be deployed by clicking on the ‘Deploy’ button on top right corner of the screen.