You can use the Action option to perform one or more tasks related to a particular application.
For example, for onboarding a new employee, you have to add users in various applications, assign an email license and send a confirmation email to HR.
- You can add these as actions by using the Add Action function.
- You can select the application (Microsoft Azure AD) you want to automate.
- Select the required action (Add user).
- Now connect with your application.
- Provide the action inputs from the previous Trigger output.
- As you tend to provide details for Action Inputs, BambooHR will be displayed on the left-hand side. Keep entering variables from BambooHR and fill in all the details. Provide details for the following fields,
- Display Name
- Mail Nickname if any
- User email ID
- Force Change Password (keep it to ‘True’)
- Password (pick variables as in Display Name @123)
- Enable Error handling
- Click Save button to save your action now.
NOTE: Enable Error Handling to move to the next step of the workflow even if one of the actions or steps fails. In case, Error handling is not activated, actions will not proceed to the next step.
- As soon as you enable Error Handling for an action, actions move under the Condition Nodes ‘Success’ and ‘Failed’. If workflow automation is successful, it comes under the Success tab. If it fails, it comes under the Failed tab.
- Know the status of the action by editing Execution Report.
- Provide email address to receive execution report for the Success and Failed actions and click the Save button.
- Run a ‘Test’ to monitor how your workflow works.